Translate

Friday 15 March 2013

In and around Montauban

An old(ish) schoolmate and vet is our latest guest, and apart from a goodly dose of nostalgia and some really fine games of snooker, he has taught me how I can (finally) take photos that look like the ones I can see in my head. And what a strange head it is…

Thanks to Geoff, we’ve visited the villages around Montauban normally reserved for better weather. We’ve had everything from balmy beach weather to blizzards all in the space of a single day. The up side of this was photographic skies and lighting, and no tourists but us!

Montauban, as always, looked terracotta red:

Cordes-sur-ciel was amazing:
Puycelsi, the ideal stop for a great meal. Tartar de boeuf with a great local wine refuelled us for our continued phototourism:
and finally Bruniquel with its hill top castle:
Now I’ve figured out how to photograph bricks, I’m gonna try mountains with Geoff this weekend!

Here’s all the photos from this trip. To see them in more detail, click on the first one then use the right arrow on your keyboard to see the next… [AFG_gallery id=‘47’]

No comments:

Post a Comment