Translate

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Watching the defectives...

Some might like the idea of sitting around all day in front of the television, with wenches around you seeing to your every whim. Indeed, it is said that this could be our next evolutionary step, so that, in the same fashion as the sea-slug, as an adult we fix ourselves to the sofa and (because of lack of use) digest our own brains.

Well, I can tell you, brain digestion does not take long. I can no longer remember important things, such as why the f**k I thought that jogging was good for my health…

There are many downsides to being totally torpid, one of which is the distinct lack of photo-opportunities. This, for a photoblogger, has been a significant setback. In my quest to overcome this disability, I have developed a new form of photography, namely ‘photo-à-pied’ (or 'photo-apathy’ in English).

my current view of life

 

Having fellow cripple Roger staying over with Denzil has stretched our ingenuity somewhat. Both of us having screwed our left feet (literally) has severely affected our normal dancing abilities, (leading with the left foot being particularly tricky), leaving us the choice of movie watching or stargazing. Hmm, sometimes that’s the same thing…

Roger stargazes

pink moon

After several weeks of enforced lethargy, I have finally managed to get around my 'estate’ with the help of our lawn mower. Hopefully the vibration will not unscrew my foot. This has allowed me to see my newly grown weeds in all their majesty. If anyone fancies a weeding holiday, please let me know soonest, before the garden reverts to complete wilderness. The wisteria has already demanded a ransom for the return of various missing guests.

So, all in all, I’ve not many photos to show off this month. The copious spare time has allowed me to edit all the photos from Africa (click here) and I did manage to take a few photos in Tintern Abbey in-between a couple of multiple crises, and I’ve included these along with some poor pictures of our new ducklings (which, between sightings have grown twenty-fold).

I’ll sign off before there is a chance for another crisis to unfold. The omens are not good…

trouble ahead

Wish me luck[AFG_gallery id='83’]

No comments:

Post a Comment