Translate

Monday 13 May 2013

if you go down in the woods today...part two

As previously outlined in this blog, there are many and varied dangers when walking out in the woods, including bears and, er, Annick…
However, all these dangers are nought to fear. They are themselves all in fear of greatest predator out there, man.

But don’t get too cocky. There is one life form out there in the woods that has no fear. If you threaten it, it responds not, but stands there immune. If you charge at it screaming it moves not.
I know this because one of the bastards poked me in the eye with a pointed stick.

What are these creatures that live without fear yet are in a constant state war? Trees of course (the clue was in the pictures).

Environmentalists try to tell us that man is the only life form that goes to war against its own species. Crap. Apart from all the animals out there that war against each other, trees of all kinds are at constant war, fighting for light, crushing their young.
So why did they pick on me? Sticking me in the eye hardly seemed like the actions of a pacifist. Having spent a week walking around with a patch on one eye, I now know what a pirate must feel like. My fish are certainly upset as each time I try to feed them they watch sadly as the food sprinkles down the wrong side of the glass. Sky is grateful that she’s not a fish.
Thus, from personal experience, I can inform you that ‘better than being poked in the eye with a pointed stick’ is probably a good thing.

Fear not dear readers, I’ll soon be back behind a camera, but in the meantime here’s some pics of trees…

[AFG_gallery id='64’]

No comments:

Post a Comment