Translate

Thursday 29 May 2014

Size matters

It’s true. Nearly 4 months after ordering it, my birthday present has just arrived, and it’s a whopper! Thanks to all those kind donations, this is the new telephoto lens I’ve been waiting for (a Tamron 150-600mm).

Currently, the ducks in the pond are wondering why I’m constantly pointing this big boy at them. I need to get in as much practice as possible before a visit to the Serengetti in a couple of months.

This is one of those photos. Although I don’t think it’s my best, it has had more views on Flickr than any other picture I’ve ever taken (currently about 4,000). (Editors note: despite these figures being meaningless, it seems to be having a disturbing affect on the size of Phil’s ego)

Personally I prefer this one:

My attempt at photographing the local birds has proved less successful:

Anyway, thanks again all who helped towards my new toy.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment