Translate

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Day 61 - a grumble day

There a several things that bug me. The weeks events in Paris have certainly focused on one of them, religion, but other things also get me irate. I get upset to see how easily people are fooled into throwing away money on useless ‘alternative’ medicines. I curse when friends get conned into avoiding proven therapy (with associated risks) and go for the supposedly risk free option, and end up suffering long-term.

What has me pissed-off at the moment, however, is how otherwise intelligent people feel that they have the right to risk their children’s lives, and the lives of others, by not getting their kids vaccinated. The only excuse for this is profound ignorance. But loads do it, and it is leaving our population at risk of diseases long unheard of.

Like bloody whooping cough for instance.

This is now my 61st day of having whooping cough (sometimes called the 100 day cough) and I’m fed up. Some days I cough all day until it hurts. Some days I sleep all day. Some days I’m depressed and grumble a lot. Some days I’m ok.

Today is a grumble day.

There, I’ve done it, I’ve had a good moan and I feel better for it.

There are days when I’m fine, for instance when we went to Carcassone with some friends…

and also when we went skiing for a day…
but most of the time I sit and grumble.

Illness has given me time to 'play’ with my photography. This has produced some pretty bizarre results, but has also allowed me sort out a new website to showcase my favourite stuff.

Take a look at www.philhyde.photos and tell me what you think.

Now I think I’ll grumble about the scenery…

No comments:

Post a Comment