Translate

Tuesday 31 October 2023

Troll-Trek Series 1, Episode 15: Beauval

 Wow!

Just... wow!

Colour me amazed.

Today we spent the entire day, an exhausting day, an exhilarating day, in the Zooparc de Beauval.

This has been voted the fourth best zoo in the world! Just after Hyde Parc in Lamothe Capdeville...

I usually do not like zoos. I usually find them cruel, often abhorrent. 

This place is a total surprise. Huge spaces (ok, never enough, but needs must). Beautifully and intelligently designed. Exciting. Absorbing. Clean (with the occasional dollop of poo and some interesting smells). Faultless.  A huge veterinary centre. Totally bloody exhausting. 

If you've never been there, if you've never even heard of it, go there. Put it on your bucket list now.

I'm too knackered to write more now. I've too any photos - I'll do a video another time once out of recovery...

Quote of the day once more goes to Kaïly: "Wow, look! A pigeon!"

Now.... perchance to sleep....

Tomorrow; back to medieval France: The Chateau de Blois and the House of Magic... (here)

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear about a well run zoo. They're few and far between. Like you I have mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also avoid zoos but at the rate “we” are wiping out the natural world this maybe the less of two evils

    ReplyDelete