Translate

Thursday 19 December 2019

Sura ya Kumi na Moja - Ndege Nyingine wa Serengeti

Chapter Eleven - Other Birds of the Serengeti

There are something like five hundred different bird species in the Serengeti. So. here are photos I took of all of them...

Nah. Don't panic. I'm no bird photographer. I don't have the patience nor do I have the equipment. A super long zoom and super fast lens would take up all my baggage allowance on it's own, leaving no space for underwear. On a holiday in tropical climes, underwear becomes very important in life...

However, as there are sooooo many of the bloody things, I did happen to snap a few by chance...

One of my favourite birds is the flamingo...
They are like ostriches with their long legs and long neck, but hugely different in their beauty.
 Although, like ostriches, they do have a habit of hiding their heads...
 Another long-legged peculiarity is the secretly bird.
 Commonly seen searching for snakes
 and also seen nesting in trees...
 and falling out of trees.
 You cannot have bird photos from the Serengeti without pictures of that most magnificent of predators, the eagle.
 This is the Tawny Eagle.
 having a bad hair day.

This one is the Bateleur Eagle.

 Other sizes are available. This is the Pygmy Falcon.
Then we have weaver birds. There are loads of them in the Serengeti. This one is a White-Headed Buffalo-Weaver. They weave a lot.
And finally, no bird photos are complete without a Bustard. Always good for cheep laughs. See what I did there?

Now we move on to some of the really big guys:


1 comment:

  1. Nature is quite remarkable isn't it.
    I love Flamingos especially the pink ones.

    ReplyDelete