Translate

Wednesday 19 May 2021

More Water

 Well, there's an awful lot of this around...

Which has somewhat dampened down my urge to work tirelessly in the garden. 

So what better excuse can there be to move indoors and work on some of the details in the Barn Station?



There are of course other tasks to fulfil. But instead, I spent a few happy hours working on my defunct website. I originally developed this to try to magically produce money for shovelling into wildlife projects in Africa. 

It took me a while to realise that it was much easier, cheaper and quicker, simply to donate money instead of spending time, money, sweat and tears on yet another folly. 

Never mind, I've resurrected it from its depths of despond because, well, because it's bleeding' raining isn't it?

Please feel free to click on it and discover life in all its glory, and think about all that money I've saved you by not coercing you into donating dosh to save the planet...

Anyway...

Several years later, the sun peeked out for a few rare seconds. And lo ! Many flowers were praising this new glory.

The rockery below the house, usually the perfect environment for rampant weeds, are showing signs of bending to my will.

Colours are materialising out of the green and grey.

The miles of banks are being invaded by the hues of life.

Other colours may or may not be available.

And finally, delayed by global cooling (quick, burn more coal guys!), the roses have begun to flower.

Myriads of them.

And there's more...

And more...

All of which means that my attention must swing once more to attempting to control my disobedient vegetation.

Hang on a minute, it's raining again. 

Phew...

 PS. The burning of coal was a joke. Don't do it. It was a joke! Honest. OK, bbq's I'll accept. When it's stopped raining...





No comments:

Post a Comment