Translate

Wednesday 28 April 2021

The Third Lockdown, Day 26: Death and Taxes


“He said that there was death and taxes, and taxes was worse, 
because at least death didn’t happen to you every year.”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

As promised, my cup has stopped running over and my productivity has been Brexitified. Thus, I'm desperately putting my mind to decide on what photos I can use for this depressing subject matter.

Death, it turns out, is easy (M.A.S.H. anyone?) as, in my little corner of paradise, I have a surprise waiting for those that have climbed the stairway to heaven,


But taxes, there's a tricky one.

I could, I suppose, use Taxus, the Yew tree, of which we have one small specimen next to the house...

Or how about taxidermy?


Or ataxia?

The only certainty in life is death and taxes, and both will make you cry...



1 comment:

  1. I am now reminded of Taxus Baccata from toxicology lectures! Love the illuminated Church. In fact I love churches generally (architecturally anyway).

    ReplyDelete