Translate

Friday 2 April 2021

The Third Lockdown, Day 12: Gnome Trek

Having been a little under the weather for the last couple of days (which, coincidentally, the weather itself is suffering in a similar way), my blogging ability has somewhat ceased to be. You may already feel it is at rock bottom, but it has just dipped below that. Now my main goal in life is removing my throbbing brain.

Thus, instead, I'd like to rewind a little to our last Gnome-Trek to the Pyrenees, a previously unpublished masterpiece. This gives me a small thread of near-sanity to cling on to while my head explodes.

Tomorrow, once the steroids have kicked in, I'll hopefully think of something else to blog about, but I have a strange feeling it may be just some bloody photos of flowers. 

That's fine by me...

___

France, the Final Frontier. 

These are the voyages of the Flying-Brick ‘Gnome’. Its continuing mission: to explore our world, to seek out new life, to socially distance, to boldly go where no gnome has gone before...

Episode 2 (Series 2): Life goes on.

These photos were taken before the loss of a close friend, but I'm writing this because she would have wanted me to. Yeah, she was a bit funny that way.

This was to be our last trip out before the pandemic once more took hold of continental Europe. We are just to enter our third lockdown, the European vaccinations scheme in tatters. Much of the British press and TV has gloated over this, however gloating seems a tad inappropriate, especially as their main fault was one of naivety and generosity. And being a little late to the party...

Thus we find ourselves more and more isolated. How awful to be isolated in a place like this...

Spending a few days touring the mountain ranges in the Gnome helps us maintain a grip on our mind's balance. A sense of freedom. Sanity; but not as we know it. 

Freedom; but not for long.

Our little valley in the Pyrenees gives us a warm feeling inside, although it does have a tendency of being a little chilly on the outside.

Some might say that being in this small part of paradise brings you closer to God. Me, I think it brings you closer to horses. I still however search for that missing thing in my life. Bears.

The one constant in our lives is this nose-bag, Sky. A spark of canine insanity in a world gone mad.

There are good days, there are bad days, and there are days in-between. But, just now and again, there are days that stand out above the rest. Days where everything just clicks together and you think "Yes, today was a good day".

We had one such day in the Pyrenees. Here's a video of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment