Translate

Sunday 11 April 2021

The Third Lockdown, Day 9: Church on Sunday.

Today is Sunday. This gives me the opportunity to preach about one of my favourite topics that, for some strange reason, no one wants to talk to me about; religion.

My problem is one of expediency. Much of my family in my adopted country of France (I am, after all, an immigrant) believe in an all-powerful being called God. Well, when I say 'All-powerful' clearly he has his limitations...

Um, er, no. Seriously, I do not want to upset any of my family and friends by stating that their invisible friend is invisible for a bloody good reason. So I will tactfully avoid the subject...

Whatever you believe, whether or not you feel that 'needs' outweighs 'facts', it is clear that religion has had far-reaching effects. So many people want to think that there is something beyond death... 

Hey ho.

This has resulted in the construction of some of the most amazing erections known to man. 

So I thought I'd give it a try (many puns intended)...

I soon discovered that the most important thing needed to build great religious edifices is not slavery, not taking money from the poor, not years of struggle, not overwhelming power.

It is simply an adequate supply of coffee.

Who knew?

Well, apart from God that is...

All this talk of superior beings and imaginary friends misses the point. Most important to all humanity is their innermost soul. Their love of life. Their taste for life. And this, my dear readers, is where religion wins.

Religion invented hot cross buns...


Taste supreme. 

If a little large...

Epilogue:

I wrote this blog last night. I woke this morning with a sore throat, a cough and a headache. Do you think that 'He who does not exist' is trying to tell me something?


2 comments:

  1. Hahahah that is indeed the biggest hot cross bun I've ever seen. I think God is trying to tell you something, that looks aren't everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As regards the existence of he who should be obeyed ( not you Phil)
    We've had this conversation so many times.
    Example : I threw a stone in a river yesterday. No one saw me do it. I have no witnesses. How do I prove I threw a stone in the river.
    How would anyone 500 years ago know about electricity, TVs, cars, an oil age of energy. Therefor how do we know about trillions of other things as yet undiscovered on this material illusion of a world.
    I can tell you Phil if I die first you will know about it. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete