Translate

Tuesday 13 April 2021

The Third Lockdown, Day 11: Wish You Were Here

I'm lucky. I'm privileged. I can walk around our garden each and every day. 

It is full of colour, it is full of variety, full of hundreds of different plants and the occasional weed (ahem) but, hidden within it's secret places, it is full of memories. Memories of people.

I wish you were here...

So, so you think you can tell, Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Adaline
Do you think you can tell?

Mum & Dad

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

Dominique

Hot ashes for trees?

Pippa
Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change

Genneviève

Did you exchange

Danny & Sammy

A walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,


Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Celia.
Wish you were here.



2 comments: